There are two types of Meta Tags like Meta Description and Meta Keyword tags. Various search engines might show the Meta description as part of search results, but Meta keywords tags not appear in search results.
The common accord between SEO Experts is that Meta tags are worthless. Still many of these same experts continue to use Meta tags in their own websites.
Google adding Description Meta Tags won’t result in an increase in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), other than description might be used for the description for your SERPs listings in Google Search Engine.
How to write Meta Tags?
You can insert following Meta Tags html code in head section of the web page:
<meta name=”description” content=”An perfect, healthy keyword description about 160 characters” />
<meta name=”keywords” content=”Insert perfect keywords according to your product or business” />
Meta Description Tag Tips:
Below are some important tips for good Meta description tags:
- You can use keywords in Meta description tag.
- Do not replicate the words too often, except try to utilize multiple syntaxes of your keywords.
- Write description not more than 160 characters.
- Use unique Meta description tag for every page, as all pages are different.
Meta Keywords Tag Tips and Tricks:
Below are some important tips for good quality Meta keywords tags:
- Use synonyms in keywords
- Use unique keywords
- No need to replicate any phrase
- You can replicate any word an many of time as long as each time it is part of a various phrase
Use Robots in Meta Tag:
Use Robots Meta Tag in html head section it may help to search engine for crawling in your website. Robots Meta Tag which seem like below:
<meta name=”robots” content=”noindex, nofollow” />
Using above Meta tag you are able to inform to a spider or robot that you do not want some of your pages indexed or that you do not want your links followed in search engine database.