SEO practices are categorized in two groups:
- Method that search engines suggest as element of high-quality design referred to as White Hat SEO.
- Method that search engines not allow and try to reduce the result of referred to as Black Hat or spamdexing.
What is White Hat Search Engine Optimization SEO?
SEO method, technique or process is considered as White Hat if it follows the followings:
- If you obey the search engine’s guidelines
- If you do not involve any cheating.
- If you make sure that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently position is the same content a user will see.
- If you make sure that Web Page content should have been created for the users and not just for the search engines.
- If you make sure the good quality of the web pages
- If you make sure the valuable content available on the web pages
Always follow a White Hat SEO method and don’t try to fool your website visitors. Be sincere and you will take something more.
What is Black Hat Search Engine Optimization SEO or Spamdexing?
SEO method, technique or process is considered as Black Hat or Spamdexing if it follows the followings:
- Try to get better rankings that are disapproved by the search engines and keep cheating.
- Redirect visitors from a webpage that is create for search engines to one that is more human friendly.
- Redirect visitors to a webpage that was different from the webpage the Search Engine ranked.
- Serving one version of a webpage to search engine spiders/bots and another version to human visitors. This is called Cloaking SEO method.
- Using Hidden or invisible content or with the page background color i.e White, Black or etc, using a little font size or hiding them within the HTML source code such as “no frame” division.
- Replicate keywords in the Meta tags, and use keywords that are not related to the website’s content. This is called Meta tag stuffing.
- Calculated placement of keywords inside a webpage to boost the keyword count, variety, and density of the webpage. It’s called Keyword stuffing.
- Creating low-quality WebPages that be full of very small content but are instead stuffed with much related keywords and phrases. These WebPages are known Doorway Page or Gateway Pages.
- Replica websites by hosting multiple web sites all with abstractly related content but using different URLs.
- Creating a clone of a popular website which shows contents similar to the original to a web crawler, but transmit web surfers to unrelated or malicious websites. This is called webpage hijacking.
- Always be away to accept any of the above Black Hat method to get better rank of your website. Search engines are smart enough to identify all the above proprieties of your website and finally you are not going to get anything.